• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to record my speech in mono, . How can I avoid getting a stereo record with only left sound?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't find the possibility to change the speech track from stereo to mono.

I found the effect "fill right with left", but this won't be comfortable, if I record lots of parts.

I have Premiere Elements 2018.

Thank you very much,

kind regards, Alexander

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it work to select all of the clips and fill the opposite channel in one step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I tried to group all clips and then use the effect "fill right with left", this works faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your goal is. Is it really to just record one track and leave the other blank? If so, the simplest way is to record with a monaural microphone.

Otherwise, you can record with a third-party audio program (Audacity is free) and discard one channel.

But it all depends on what you're ultimately trying to do or not to do. Are you planning to then record to the other channel so you can sing harmony with yourself like musicians used to in the 1960s?

If we know what you're ultimately trying to do, we may be able to suggest easier ways to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need only speech for a tutorial video, that comes from the middle.

When I just record and do nothing, it comes from the left, because the speech track is a stereo track, but I have only one microphone at my audio interface (Rode NT1A at a Motu Ultralite mk3 hybrid). I could connect two microphones at the inputs analog 1 und analog 2 and switch to stereo record in the software of the interface, but why recording speech in stereo?

I want to record directly in Premiere Elements to be faster and more flexible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fill right to left or vv is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines