• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imac keeps closing Elements 19 program

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Elements 17 to Elements 19.  I have edited two projects in 19. Now the imac will open the Elements 19 program to the timeline abut after 5 seconds, shuts down.  No clue what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the newer Mac OSes don't play well with Premiere Elements. You don't say which operating system you're using, so it's hard to say if that's a factor.

But I'd contact Adobe Customer Care via chat and see if they can figure out what's going on.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arthur I too use an iMac with Elements 19, and it's updated to the latest OS. I have not experienced the problems you describe; so it may be loading up PRE17 in the PRE19 editor. Try the following:

1. Create a new video of about 30 seconds.

2. Load it into PRE19 and add whatever media you usually use. (Do not use any templates left over from PRE17.

3. Render and Export & Share it to a convenient folder.

If you run into the same problems; then Make a copy of PRE17 file and re-name it PRE17old. Delete the original copy of PRE17 and PRE19 using Uninstall. Re-install PRE19 and repeat Steps 1-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines