• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image re-sizing in Premier Elements 15

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a template-based video story in Premier Elements 15 and was dismayed to find most of the images(pictures) were inserted too large for the frames. Only a center portion of the picture is there in some of them, particularly the main title slide.  How do I re-size the images to make them fit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying you used Video Story to make a movie and the photos were too large for the frame? That shouldn't happen. Especially if, in your Preferences (under the Edit menu  on a PC) you have Scale Still Photos to Frame Size checked. Do you?

In my books, I always recommend resizing your photos to no larger than 2500x1875 pixels (at 72 ppi) -- so you can try that and see if that makes a difference. (Photoshop Elements will batch resize your photos.)

But you shouldn't need to for a Video Story project. So I don't know what's going on with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve - I don't see "Scale Still Photos to Frame Size" in any Edit>Preferences menu I've gone to, either in PE15 or PremE15.  I DO see a"Default scale to frame size" and it is checked.  I also see a "Allow Photos to Resize" and it is checked.  I checked the size of the image of the worst offender - the one behind my main title -  and the size is 1880 X 2816, a vertical image - and it shows up WAY beyond the frame of the title its behind.   I don't know where to find your 72 PPI reference.  I don't see that anywhere in the file info.  Are we talking about Premier Elements 15?  Any other suggestions? 

I will tell you that in a  previous version of this same video story, I was having the same trouble.  Then, all of a sudden, everything was fine.  All the pictures fit fine in their frames.  I can't remember what I did - if anything - or if it was just one of those occasions when closing and re-opening a file did it.  But I have closed and re-opened the current version of this video story several times, and it is NOT fixing itself.  For various reasons, I made a couple new versions; BIG Mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on what you've told me, I have no idea why you're having this problem, Bill. Sorry.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines