• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import audio files in Premier Elements 15

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem importing audio files in Premier Elements 15. If I try to import a file with the extension .m4a, the importmodule gives a generic fault. The only files I can import are files with the extension .WMA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.m4a can mean it came from iTunes and has copy protection.  Try converting it to MP3 with iTunes or other converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting them into MP3s using iTunes may not solve the issue. The music will still have iTunes copy protection on it, which will throw up an error code whenever you try to use the music in a video editor.

Might be worth getting your music from Amazon. It is not copy protected and can be used in a video editing project (though you're still expected to honor the artist's ownership of his/her music).

If you use music from iTunes, you'll need to figure how to convert it and break the copy protection software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions,  but I still have some questions, but maybe I have to give some more information. Some months ago I had a lot of problems with my computer, so we dicided to clean the computer and re-install everything (Windows, Photoshop elements, Premier elements, iTunes, etc.)

I have always used ITunes files for my movies and it was no problem. After the movies were ready I saved them in the archive and it was always possible to burn a copy of the movie.

After the re-installment of all the programs the audio files were not langer available. You could see the files in the timeline, but you cannot hear them.

Why did it work before the re-installment and no longer after the re-installment. Does reinstallment of iTunes change the extensions of the files??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know. But iTunes music is pretty highly regulated. As I'm sure you know, in order to play their music on your device, it must be activated to your account, and you only get to activate 5 devices, I believe, to one account. So that may or may not have anything to do with what you're experiencing.

As I've said, I've made a point of leaving iTunes music out of my workflow because there are so many hoops to jump through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines