• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import clips from personal Blu Ray discs

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I store all my raw video on Blu Ray discs after I remove them from the SD card. What is the best way to import parts of this raw video from blu ray discs into Premiere Elements 15 or 19?  None of this video is copyrighted or protected, but just my own warehoused video.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Guessing you made bluray data disks and not bluray video disks.

I store raw footage on bd disk also.

Just copy the content to hdd and import into Elements

Old hi8 and dv should import without any problem on a windows machine (dont know mac) as its dv-avi?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storing raw, or straight from camera, footage on Blu-Ray disks suggest to me that you are using your Blu-Ray burner as an ordinary storage device.  I'm not sure Premiere Elements can use them directly as source media.  I know it will work if you put copies on your computer's disk.  Consider making a project specific folder, put copies of the source clips in that folder and proceed with making your video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the premier elements mp4 edited video onto my laptop hard drive, then import them directly into Pro Show gold…it sometimes accepts them and other times deny’s them. Same processing.
Thanks for your input.

WFredeen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a professional Blu Ray recording deck to save a lot of old Hi8 videotape and mini-dv tape raw footage to create a safe backup for the footage.  I guess there is no facility to play the Blu Ray disc manually and record various parts of it into Premiere Elements?  I suppose I will have to rip parts of the Blu Ray or the whole thing into the computer as an MPEG4 and then edit that footage. 
Each Blu Ray has several individual files at 20 to 30 minutes.  I will use Handbrake to encode the files to MPEG4 on the desktop, then break the long segments into smaller clips as individual shots.  It will be tedious, but I guess there is no easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing you made bluray data disks and not bluray video disks.

I store raw footage on bd disk also.

Just copy the content to hdd and import into Elements

Old hi8 and dv should import without any problem on a windows machine (dont know mac) as its dv-avi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, these are blu ray data disks without special menus or graphics.  However, they will play straight thru without interuption on a normal blu ray player.

Yesterday I had one blu ray data disc that had one file over 2 hours in length.  I used handbrake to encode that file into a MPEG4 file - it took most of the day.  The sad part is I only need 6 to 10 clips out of the entire two hours.  That means the huge clip goes into Premier Elements, and I then cut out those 6 to 10 clips.  It can be done, just very time consuming.

In the old days when using tape based source material, you just scroll to the point on the tape, and digitize into the editing program.  It was quick in the analogue world for some things.  However, Premiere Elements is powerful once you get those video/audio elements into the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines