• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Failure

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent hours on a project. Saved it every time I exited. Now, I can't import it. I find it, click to open & I get a box:

"File Import Failure"

"This type of file not supported, or require codec not installed"

It had worked previously on the same project - opened & closed. What do I do to get back my many hours of work?!!!

Neal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to "open" an existing project or "add media" when you get this error?  Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to re-open an existing project.

I can find the as I named it. It would be saved as a "My new video project #" but I renamed it. I've opened it before & it worked, came with the media that I added - but now, I can't seem to open it, or even previous one's I've worked on.

I can't find a way of pasting the Screen Shot on this box.

The box that comes up states on top: "File Import Failure"

Then the name of the file

Then: "Error Message

"This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed."

Thanks for your help!

Neal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing to open the project?   Can you find it in Explorer or Finder and double click on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different ways. Usually, I just start with the desk top icon & open it from File. I can find the same file under File Explorer & it does about the same thing - either way, it will open, but there are just boxes with a bunch of words some of which are in an Asian script.

I've started over - edited about 15 clips now. I closed it & reopened it to make sure my program hasn't been corrupted some way, & it works fine. So, I'll just give up on the old & work on this new project, unless you have a quick fix.

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Neal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've started over & spent more hours on re-doing the project. I was real careful to save it, & opened & closed it a few times to check it right after I worked on it. Now, 2 days later, I'm very frustrated to see that it won't open the file!!! Same dumb error box as mentioned above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You description ("but there are just boxes with a bunch of words some of which are in an Asian script") suggests that you may have moved the source media files or they are somewhere that Premiere Elements can't find them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines