• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import image size vs resolution

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Technical questions you will need to answer my question 2018 version running on Windows 10. Here is my question. I resize an image in photoshop and when I import it to Premiere, rather than having a smaller image it occupies the full screen in lower resolution. I would like to import the image(s) as a tiny picture on a large background image. Because I am doing stop motion with 1000's if individual images, resizing each image individually using click and drag is 1) exceedingly time consuming and 2) not very consistent.
Any thoughts would be great thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the height and width of your photo, measured in pixels?

In my books I recommend a maximum of 2500x1875 pixels (at 72 ppi).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may not have been as clear as I hoped. Let me ask this with pictures. What I would like to do is import the pictures at a smaller screen size. If you start watching at the 7:33 mark, you can see  that I cant keep the image size consistent with mouse dragging each picture to size. Not to mention that it is a ton of pictures to do that with. Reducing the # of pixels makes it blurry not tiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

desktop.jpg

The Image began at 2891 x 1415 I tried shrinking it down first to 600x294 then down to 60x29 but it never got smaller only blurryer. Therefore I concluded the pixels weren't the issue. The issue is being able to change the size the image appears in Premiere. Like I said using the click and drag utility is neither consistent nor efficient.
Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it still would be helpful to have the answers to my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The issue is being able to change the size the image appears in Premiere. Like I said using the click and drag utility is neither consistent nor efficient. "

I'm sorry I still don't understand what you're trying to do and why it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am trying to do is make the image of the flying saucer drag and drop at the size you see in the screen shot, and not have to resize each picture with the mouse which will never get them the exact same size every time. When I drag and drop them they take up thewholescreen.

DT1.jpgDT 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is keyframe the size, position and rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that kind of worksish. 🙂 Is there any way to change the size smaller than 25%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Motion keyframing panel, you can size it all the way down to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines