• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import iPhone hevc video files to Premiere Elements 2020 on PC

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone hevc video files automatically converted to .mov before import. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to convert anything.  What is happening?  What are the screen messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video imports without problem into Premiere Elements, but it is changed to a mov format. I confirmed my iPhone files were HEVC by putting one into iMovie and saving it and it has HEVC.mov at the end of the file name (this is not the file I tried to import into Premiere).

I have downloaded some sample HEVC h265 files from the internet and they play fine in both the Windows photo app and Premiere Elements. For some reason I think the iPhone is converting before exporting, assuming my Windows computer can’t read HEVC.

Any ideas to bring the HEVC file in without conversion?

Thanks, Eric

Eric Wulfsberg

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to mention that HEIC image files import without any problems.

ERIC

Eric Wulfsberg

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Any ideas to bring the HEVC file in without conversion?"

They way I do it with my Android phone is to plug it into my computer, my computer 'sees' it as an external drive, I copy the files from phone to the computer's HDD and then use 'Add Media' in Premiere Elements.   I sounds like you are doing an extra step somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines