Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import issue h.264 2.5k 60fps

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

I'm using APE 2021 on mac and cannot import h.264 2.7k 60fps mp4 files.

Files were recorded on hero 8 black, imorted to ipad (works perfectly fine in luma fusion in ipad pro 2017), and then transfered from ipad to mac book pro (2019 model)

I'm keep getting an error that "this type of file is not supported or the required codec is not installed".

Tried to do import it with different projects settings but nothing worked so far.

Any ideas? Am I missing some codec that needs to be installed?

Apologizes if the question is silly, I'm totally new to mac.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw when trying to import directly APE I do not see the files in photos. I can "see them only when trying to import using Adobe Elements organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically 2704x1520 2.7K video isn't supported in the program -- but there may be other factors also.

Open Hero 8 video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum. With this complete report we'll better be able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, you could put a clip in DropBox or similar and I'd have fun seeing what it does, or does not, on my Windows computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Karol5FCA,

Can you share the screenshot of the error you are getting? Also, please share the machine details such as OS version, graphic card details, RAM etc.

And as already asked by @Bill Sprague , can you share a sample file as well?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guys! Sorry for such late replay!

I'll provide all of the info after 22.11 (visiting family right now with no macbook next to me :() 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines