Highlighted

Import Media from HD

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere elements 2020 doesn't recognize my external HDs so I cant add media to projects. Mov, jpeg, or wav files. should be strait forward 

MacOs Mojave verison 10.14.6. NVIDIA GEForce GTX 6800MX. I can add media to iMovie however.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import Media from HD

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere elements 2020 doesn't recognize my external HDs so I cant add media to projects. Mov, jpeg, or wav files. should be strait forward 

MacOs Mojave verison 10.14.6. NVIDIA GEForce GTX 6800MX. I can add media to iMovie however.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a system failure to me, but that's a guess.  If it were me, I would start an online chat with Adobe where they can troubleshoot your system.  Select Online Support in the help menu.  That takes you to a website.  In the lower right is an icon that will start a chat session.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
VanJohn LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simiar problem. It turned out i had my external HDs fomrated exfat so I could take and plug them into a PC. I could add media from my internal hard drive because it was mac formated. So I copied my external HDs over to another drive, reformated them to Mac, copied my date back to the newly mac formatted external HDs Everything works great now. I suggest look at your Eternal Hard Drive format and see what it is.  Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 1