• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported video always shows with b/w squares and is grainy

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to import a few clips to work on in premiere, they're all from the same source and as soon as they are loaded in (I've tried many presets) they show as grainy like this:

grainy.PNG

I'm using PE15.0 on Windows 10

Source file is MP4 - 1920x1080 

frame rate: 29.97

Data rate: 14677kbps

Bit rate: 14992kbps

Can't see how to tell the codec, sorry!

Read and tried as many things as I can on here before I posted -

The video looks fine un-edited in VLC and windows media film thing.

I'm in the UK so I've tried both PAL and NTSC presets that I think match the above

Tried rendering the view window - have an orange line above the clip in timeline

Tried a lot of presets to export + share as I saw in some threads that it could be a preview issue - spoiler alert - it wasn't

Can anyone offer any suggestions? The video is a render from PP not a camera that I don't have access to to re-export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to capture the footage?  How are you establishing the project settings?  Can you post a screenshot of the project settings at Edit > Project Settings > General?  What are the computer details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for responding:

I don't know the exact camera - it's a DSLR of some sort but I don't have an easy way of finding out the exact model - as I said above, this footage has been edited and exported from Prem Pro too.

Project settings, I'm using new > project then choosing a preset

The current preset I've tried is as below:

settings-1.PNG

settings-2.PNG

Capture --> WDM capture

Computer details

settings-3.PNG

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines