• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Video is in Slow Motion and has no Audio

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premeire Elements 15.  For no good reason and without changing any settings, suddenly when I import video it plays back in slow motion and has no audio.  PE15 projects settings match the imported video settings (1080, 30fps, Mp4).  The raw video plays back at the correct speed with no lagging and with audio on the Windows 10 computer so it's not a hardware issue.  We're not using a new camera and no settings have been changed on the camera.  Same old source but now things don't work.  Even an intro clip that was rendered years ago and has been importing and working perfectly suddenly imports in slow motion with no audio.  PE15 is up to date.  Any ideas on why this might have suddenly occured? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format of your video (MP4, MOV, AVI)?

Open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. Once we see what your video is made up of we'll better be able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's MP4. 1920x1080, 30p, 20Mbps. It's pretty standard stuff out of Lumix G7. We edit it in Elements and Premiere Pro CC without issue until today when Elements began playing it back at half speed with no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nevada Fly Fisher,
There are a number of similar things that have happened to me for no apparent reason. What I've been able to do to "fix" it is to Save -> Close and Reopen the file. Often this happened right after a system OS update, but can happen any time. Give it a try, and if it doesn't work, try Steve's suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your audio hardware preferences: set input to none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upvoting this because it worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flyfishnevada...Did you ever get the problem resolved?  I'm having the same issue now.  I've made many different videos using the same setup, the same video recorder, etc, with no problems at all, and suddenly I am having the same issue that you had. What is the proven fix?

I'm using PE2022. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we've said, much depends on the specs of your video. 

Open your source video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy this complete report and paste it to this forum. These deep specs may well tell why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Steve...I'll attach the info below.  It's just a mystery to me because other videos shot with the same camera have worked fine in the past with PE, and now they don't work.  Any suggestions you can offer are appreciated! Thanks, Tom

General

Complete name                                                   C:\Users\-----------\Videos\2022 videos\SOSL\MVI_2550.MP4

Format                                                                   : MPEG-4

Format profile                                                      : Base Media / Version 2

Codec ID                                                                : mp42 (mp42/avc1/CAEP)

File size                                                                  : 244 MiB

Duration                                                                : 2 min 0 s

Overall bit rate                                                     : 16.9 Mb/s

Encoded date                                                       : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Tagged date                                                          : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Video

ID                                                                          : 1

Format                                                                   : AVC

Format/Info                                                          : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile                                                      : High@L4

Format settings                                                    : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames

Format settings, CABAC                                     : Yes

Format settings, Reference frames                  : 2 frames

Format settings, GOP                                          : M=3, N=15

Codec ID                                                                : avc1

Codec ID/Info                                                       : Advanced Video Coding

Duration                                                                : 2 min 0 s

Bit rate                                                                   : 16.7 Mb/s

Width                                                                     : 1 920 pixels

Height                                                                    : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio                                             : 16:9

Frame rate mode                                                 : Constant

Frame rate                                                            : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

Color space                                                           : YUV

Chroma subsampling                                          : 4:2:0

Bit depth                                                               : 8 bits

Scan type                                                               : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                                               : 0.268

Stream size                                                           : 240 MiB (98%)

Language                                                               : English

Encoded date                                                       : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Tagged date                                                          : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Color range                                                           : Limited

Color primaries                                                    : BT.709

Transfer characteristics                                      : BT.709

Matrix coefficients                                              : BT.709

Codec configuration box                                    : avcC

Audio

ID                                                                            : 2

Format                                                                   : AAC LC

Format/Info                                                          : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity

Codec ID                                                                : mp4a-40-2

Duration                                                                : 2 min 0 s

Bit rate mode                                                       : Constant

Bit rate                                                                   : 256 kb/s

Channel(s)                                                             : 2 channels

Channel layout                                                     : L R

Sampling rate                                                       : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate                                                            : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)

Compression mode                                             : Lossy

Stream size                                                           : 3.67 MiB (2%)

Language                                                               : English

Encoded date                                                       : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Tagged date                                                          : UTC 2022-12-24 04:02:19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of troubling indicators. The mp42 codec video codec can be problematic. Likewise, I'm not sure what to make of that AAC LC audio codec at a 255 k bitrate and 46.875 audio frame rate, which I don't recall seeing before.

You haven't said where this video originated (Did it come from a camcorder?), by try converting it to a new MP4 using the free download Handbrake. Most likely this will create an easily editable file. Use these settings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Steve.  I've been using the same camcorder all along, so not sure why anything might have changed.  I did download HandBrake.  When I went to open it, I got this message:

thomasp44349418_0-1672120676641.png

I clicked Yes and the message went away, but nothing else happened.  I waited a bit and tried to open Handbrake again, but the same message comes up, so I'm not able to get into it.  Have you seen this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Tom

PS - your video was very clear and easy to understand. Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this when installing Handbrake, Thomas. Though it wouldn't hurt to install this. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/microsoft-net-framework-4-8-offline-installer-for-windows-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines