• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importer Generic error

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "adobe premiere elements 12" all is working well except there one video clip from my i-phone that was part of the original shoot that doesn't what to download to my "project assets" for the time line.  Message keeps popping up " Importer reported a generic error".  I have rebooted the computer but the same thing.

Any options?

Thanks Gil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of iPhones are now using H.265 HEVC MP4 video, a codec that Premiere Elements 12 does not support.

Open this video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste the reports it generates to this forum.

This will help us confirm that it's related to the specs of the video. (Also relevant is which operating system you're using.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

In reference to "Open this video" are you referring to "Media Info Digital Library"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve is asking you to download and install the freeware "Mediainfo" program, open you video file in it and reply with what the file is made of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the site all I see is an "Aerobic" key board

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The site for MediaInfo is:  MediaInfo   "Aerobic", as I know it, applies to physical exercise, not keyboards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines