• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing MOV Files into APE 14 - fails.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will Premier Elements 14 on Win 10 no longer import *.MOV partially transparent video files - I get a MSVCR110.dll error on start up.  I need to get this resolved right away. I am being told to use Camtasia rather, why?  I tried installing Quicktime but that did not resolve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to download video file from  my DJI drone into Elements 18 to get smooth playback.Loaded into windows 10 photos and opened with VLC play I get smooth playback.sounds like a related issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennish, No, they are not related.  My DJI Drone files are MP4 format.  These are MOV format files that have 'alpha' transparent content. Back in 2017 I was able to import these MOV media into Adobe Premier Elements 14 without any issue.  Now I get a warning message when starting the app and the app will no longer open MOV files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is telling you to use Camtasia?  MOV containers can have a lot of different codecs.  Premiere Elements is only aimed at common camera video formats.  What is  a "partially transparent video file" and where does it come from?

Version 14 is a few years old.   Googling the error code suggests that between when it worked for you and now, there were updates to  "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" which can come from Microsoft or from installing a program. 

The first thing I would do is uninstall and reinstall Premiere Elements using your serial number.  It could put the correct "Redistributable" back in place. 

Do you need a fresh installation file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To Dennish....  Would you start a fresh question for your topic if you have not already done so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines