Highlighted

In the Netherlands where I live 'old Adobe software*' is sold as new...

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Netherlands where I live 'old Adobe software*' is sold as new...  (*according to their own helpdesks)

I am used to work with FinalCutPro, but needed to guide some students, and had to buy Adobe Premiere (Students get tought in it so Adobe hopes they'll keep using it in future. This is maybe my biggest problem: I realise many younger people do not 'know the law'!).

In the Netherlands it is illegal to sell something oldfashioned for new and up to date. (When something is no longer working it is not allowed to be on the shelves for sale). And it is illegal to sell products with no customer support! (Adobe grew to be a big company and thinks can get away with this?? They moved all their support away, even to the dislikes of there own staff in the Netherlands).... Any which way it did not yet solve MY problem....

I listened to Adobe's advice to buy Premiere version 14 because "it would work much better than 13...." (my mindset is FCP that gave little problems over the years, so I made the mistake and believed them). I chose for a physical disc above cloud. (Many editors 'around me' still do the same).

For the past year and half or two I have had only problems. Many times I was helped by very (too) kind technical Indians(?) on their helpdesk.

Last summer I worked on several projects keeping fingers crossed (I saved this frustrating software for in my holidays as a kind of 'last trye/give it one more go').....So coming back home I want to upload some small projects that waited for almost a year... I get an online question to me: 'if I want to upgrade my 14?'.... I make the mistake of pushing the button YES...And now I cannot open all the work I did this summer. For the 5th time in past years I wasted whole days trying to fix Adobe Premiere with and without their helpdesks, with no luck.

The shop Bol.com where I buy these things tell me it is an Adobe problem...

Where are the lawyers of Adobe housed? In India, in America, In London? Their telephone numbers options has nothing to discover this. Their employees in Holland and India do not know this, and tell me they are fed up too.  Does anyone on this forum know their adress? I want my money back for 2 times buying useless software.

I posted the above on the 'PRO'-site

I am really only looking for contact with Adobe. Tx Christien

(and of course I am very interested in all these other people having problems....because this must be the reason that many people are moving. Eduction is in Holland 20 yrs behind as was taught to me in Bachelor institute for education Degree....Stop using Adobe Editing but teach people something that (easily) works to help their work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In the Netherlands where I live 'old Adobe software*' is sold as new...

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Netherlands where I live 'old Adobe software*' is sold as new...  (*according to their own helpdesks)

I am used to work with FinalCutPro, but needed to guide some students, and had to buy Adobe Premiere (Students get tought in it so Adobe hopes they'll keep using it in future. This is maybe my biggest problem: I realise many younger people do not 'know the law'!).

In the Netherlands it is illegal to sell something oldfashioned for new and up to date. (When something is no longer working it is not allowed to be on the shelves for sale). And it is illegal to sell products with no customer support! (Adobe grew to be a big company and thinks can get away with this?? They moved all their support away, even to the dislikes of there own staff in the Netherlands).... Any which way it did not yet solve MY problem....

I listened to Adobe's advice to buy Premiere version 14 because "it would work much better than 13...." (my mindset is FCP that gave little problems over the years, so I made the mistake and believed them). I chose for a physical disc above cloud. (Many editors 'around me' still do the same).

For the past year and half or two I have had only problems. Many times I was helped by very (too) kind technical Indians(?) on their helpdesk.

Last summer I worked on several projects keeping fingers crossed (I saved this frustrating software for in my holidays as a kind of 'last trye/give it one more go').....So coming back home I want to upload some small projects that waited for almost a year... I get an online question to me: 'if I want to upgrade my 14?'.... I make the mistake of pushing the button YES...And now I cannot open all the work I did this summer. For the 5th time in past years I wasted whole days trying to fix Adobe Premiere with and without their helpdesks, with no luck.

The shop Bol.com where I buy these things tell me it is an Adobe problem...

Where are the lawyers of Adobe housed? In India, in America, In London? Their telephone numbers options has nothing to discover this. Their employees in Holland and India do not know this, and tell me they are fed up too.  Does anyone on this forum know their adress? I want my money back for 2 times buying useless software.

I posted the above on the 'PRO'-site

I am really only looking for contact with Adobe. Tx Christien

(and of course I am very interested in all these other people having problems....because this must be the reason that many people are moving. Eduction is in Holland 20 yrs behind as was taught to me in Bachelor institute for education Degree....Stop using Adobe Editing but teach people something that (easily) works to help their work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum.

Adobe does not offer technical support for older versions of the program -- particularly if those older versions are from questionable sources.

I can't help you contact Adobe's lawyers. If you have a legal issue with Adobe, you'll need to contact the company directly at Adobe.com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2017 0