• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatable Driver Premier 14

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Adobe Elements 14. I wish to upgrade to elements 2020, but I am reluctant to do this, if, when running premier, I will still continue to receive the notice 'detected incompatable driver.  This results in totally freezing my computer meaning a restart, after which the program starts with no bother. An upgrade will cost me £100 or so, an absolute waste for a dubious program! Cannot someone from Adobe fix this problem? I doubt that it is to do with the Graphics cards as some Adobe technicians suggest, because people with other cards than mine a experiencing the same problem. I live in hope that this problem willbe resolved soon.

Regards Vic.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the free trial to see if the 2020 version works for you.  Don't spend money until you know it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have? Have you ensured you have the latest driver from the Intel, nVidia or AMD site?

Have you deleted the BadDrivers.txt file from your computer's directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevee,

My Graphics Drivers are AMD Radeon R7 Graphics which appears to run my 24inch HP screen and AMD Radeon R5 M435 wich runs my Acer screen these I have updated bothh through AMD website and Windows update both tell me that I am up to date. Regarding the Bad Driver file I have searched for ths and cannot find it.

Regards Vic Bowman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which operating system you're using, but if you are using Windows 10, turn on Show All Files in the Windows File Explorer and go to:

C://ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/14.0. Delete the BadDrivers.txt file and then restart the program.

If you have more than one version of Premiere Elements installed, the BadDrivers.txt file will be in C:ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for you reply. I have navigated to the BadDrivers area as you suggest. I have also turned on show hidden files, but there is no BadDrivers.txt file in that location. Could it have been deleteted during a disc cleanup session?

I appologise for ommitting my operating system but it is Windows 10 Home and has recently been updated to the current version.

Many thanks Vic Bowman 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines