Highlighted

Incompatible Display Driver error on launch

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch Premier Elements 15 I get an error that my display driver is incompatible, when I click "ok" in the dialog box the program closes.

I have checked my display driver, (NVidia GeForce GTX 1070) it is up to date. I rolled the driver back with out luck, I tried the deleting the "baddriver" file as suggested in several other similar posts on this problem.  I even tried removing and reinstalling the program. I have several other Photoshop programs and they all run with out any problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Incompatible Display Driver error on launch

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch Premier Elements 15 I get an error that my display driver is incompatible, when I click "ok" in the dialog box the program closes.

I have checked my display driver, (NVidia GeForce GTX 1070) it is up to date. I rolled the driver back with out luck, I tried the deleting the "baddriver" file as suggested in several other similar posts on this problem.  I even tried removing and reinstalling the program. I have several other Photoshop programs and they all run with out any problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're using, but the only solution I know of is to update the driver from the nVidia site (make sure it's a post-January 2017 driver), delete BadDrivers.txt and restart the program.

If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what else to recommend. It's the only solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 64 bit as an operating system if it helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0