• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect codec code for Premeire Elements 12

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open files of videos from a Browning game camera. It is a 10 sec .avi file but elements says that the files are not supported or the correct codec code is not loaded. What codec code do I need to download for this file.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put your file on DropBox or similar, I will try to figure it out.

The ".avi" file is a format or "container" developed my Microsoft about 20 years ago.  There is no way to tell what codecs Browning chose to use in that container.   Even if it is known, you probably can't just add a codec to your computer.

The probable solution will be to use (the free) Handbrake program to convert it to something more usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much agree with Bill.

As an alternative to sending the file to him, you can open it with the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set the View menu to Text and copy and paste the report it generates to this forum so we can see what is going on inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines