• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting titles and text splits the video from linked audio

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to Adobe Premier Elements 2019 and learning as I go. Unfortunately I can't always find the answers I'm looking for and so this might be a simple question.

I inserted a title into my project and then I copied and pasted it between two clips with a view to edit to the text so that I create natural intros to each segement of the film as it progresses.

However now it seems to override a section of the next video when I do that - leaving the audio playing whilst showing the title clip which I don't want. I have checked and the video and audio are still "linked" so I don't know why the software is defaulting to this - especially when it didn't do that for the first title I inserted - right at the beginning of the project.

Any help with much thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Without knowing more information (version of the program, Quick view or Expert view, which track you're adding your title to), I'd say the issue is related to you're using copy and paste to place a title.

Why are you using copy and paste? It's really not a good idea, when working with titles.

If you're copying a title and pasting it, you're not duplicating the title, you're creating a "clone" of it. In other words, if you change one copy of your titles, it's going to change ALL copies of this tit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more information (version of the program, Quick view or Expert view, which track you're adding your title to), I'd say the issue is related to you're using copy and paste to place a title.

Why are you using copy and paste? It's really not a good idea, when working with titles.

If you're copying a title and pasting it, you're not duplicating the title, you're creating a "clone" of it. In other words, if you change one copy of your titles, it's going to change ALL copies of this title -- and that's probably not what you're trying to do.

If you're trying to re-use the style of a title, right-click on it in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. You can then drag the duplicate to the timeline and make any changes you want to it, and you won't insert the title into your movie, as you're experiencing.

Meantime, if you're interested in learning the basics and you're new to the program, I hope you'll check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials. They're a great way to get familiar with how the program works. Much easier than learning as you go.

Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2019 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this is exactly what was happening. In answer to why copy and paste - it was the intuitive thing to do. I realised after I posted this that by inserting a fresh title the problem no longer occured. The annoying part was having to reconfigure the style every time. You've given a tip on that too which is great.

It's helpful to have a link to you your youtube videos I think I'll be making a lot of use of them!

In answer to your question why learn as you go, its just down to my learning style. If I learn lots of technical data in one go without having anything to apply it to, I tend to forget it all. So eight videos in one go will likely not help me very much. Much better to know about them and then dip into them as and when I need as I go along. It's just a personal preference. ]

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines