• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Apple ProRes 422 HQ Codec to elements 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone direct me to a guide or post on how to add the correct codec to elements Video editor. I thought by loading quicktime it would work.

I just purchased Premier Elements Photo Shop and Video Editor Bundle with the Organizer and cant import the MOV File.

This is a 25Gig MOV file ProRes 422 HQ of a film I had captured.

When I Add Media in Video Editor  from files ,all I get is n Generic Import error.

I added this file to the Organizer and when I Add the file from the organizer option I get more detail, GENERIC IMPORT FAILURE , FILE NOT SUPPORTED OR CODEC NOT INSTALLED.

The file will open and play in Quicktime and in VirtualDub

Any suggestions would be appreciated

KM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Then MOV Files are 25 GB and up so I wont be able to upload.  I was given MPEG4 versions of the films also and Elements works well for basic editing functions on these. I downloaded Handbrake and this could help me  with my VHS capture files later on.

I thought I could use Element's  to capture and make higher quality Still Photos from the Higher res MOV File.

VirtualDub will open the large  MOV files and I can use the capture output frame to clipboard feature then paste in Elements Photo editor a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the forum for Photoshop Elements, the photo editor, not the video Premiere Elements editor.

Maybe wait a little for a moderator to move your question to the Premiere Elements forum:

Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes is not an intended file format for Premiere Elements.  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/supported-file-formats.html

Supported file formats in Adobe Premiere Elements

It might work if you have Quicktime 7 installed.  How did you install Quicktime, which version and where did it come from?  How did you capture the video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File Extension is a MOV. Which the list says is supported.

The Files are of Films which were professionally captured By Cinepost. I was given the MOV Files with the ProRes Codec,( 25 + gig) and  MP4 versions.

The company who captured the films recommended  Elements for basic Consumer level editing. They are able to Edit in Elements.

I have QT 7.7.9 from Support.apple Installed. It plays the MOV well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"MOV" is a file "container" in video speak.  "MP4" is another container.  In the many video containers can be a wide variety of codecs.  The way to see what it is made of is to look inside a video clip file with the (free) software called MediaInfo   Install it, open a MOV file, switch to the "tree" view and post a screenshot here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the File Data - From Quick

time  Movie Inspector

Codec.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping for more like this: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I Got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under video is says that the "CodecID" is "apch".  Googling for that brings that it is primarily a codec for Apple's "Final Cut Pro" editor.

More googling about converting ProRes to MP4 suggests it can be done with the (free) Handbrake. 

I'm sorry this isn't working.    The only other thing I can do is try one of your files on my computer via DropBox or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then MOV Files are 25 GB and up so I wont be able to upload.  I was given MPEG4 versions of the films also and Elements works well for basic editing functions on these. I downloaded Handbrake and this could help me  with my VHS capture files later on.

I thought I could use Element's  to capture and make higher quality Still Photos from the Higher res MOV File.

VirtualDub will open the large  MOV files and I can use the capture output frame to clipboard feature then paste in Elements Photo editor and go from there.

While I'll be able to use Elements for a lot of other editing It seems silly I have to use this workaround because the codec is no longer supported.

I'll ask Cinepost,  who did a magnificent Job with my films,  what version of Elements they have, I suspect it may be 12 or older after reading some other forum posts

Again Thanks for feedback

KM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KM,

After you contact Cinepost, would you post their answer?  Thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issues while importing MOV file with ProRes video format | Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/import-mov-prores-issues.html​

This link gives the solution for Premiere Elements 2018 and possibly 2019 in Windows version. Unfortunately there is no advice yet for the Apple Mac version...

Repeated approaches to Adobe has failed to produce a MAC solution. This prompts me to select another video editor than Premiere for my Mac Book Pro 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines