• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Premiere 12

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way back when...I purchased the pkg of photoshop elements 12 and premiere elements 12. Insatlled the photoshop piece with no issues. At the time I had no need for video editing software. Now I do.

When trying to install the premiere piece the executable file is greyed out.

I am using a mac and it has been upgraded to Catalina, not sure if this presents issues but I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated.

Thx

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

翻訳機能で、英語に訳してください。

_mjsさん

Photoshop Elements 12 & Premiere Elements 12の動作保証OSは、Mac OS X v10.7~v10.9です。mac OS v10.15 Catalinaでは、動作保証されていませんので、インストールできないか、またはインストール出来ても正常に動作しません。
今回は、mac OS v10.15 Catalinaにバージョンアップしたのが原因だと思います。

対応としては、
1)Mac OS X v10.7~v10.9のパソコンがあるなら、そのパソコンにインストールします。
2)mac OS v10.15Catalinaで使用する場合は、Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020にアップグレードをご検討ください。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is quite possible that programs designed for OSX versions of Mac's operating system will not install on OS versions. 

What happens if you install the free trial of version 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your response. I have figured it out in my case anyway. Premiere 12 can not be installed with Catalina. If it had been installed before I upgraded to Catalina I’d been ok as all are 64 bit. I’m able to use my Photoshop Elements 12 that was installed prior to the upgrade.
Through this ordeal I have come to dislike Adobe as many have. They’ve got to extreme means, in my opinion, to drive you their paid subscription. I’m not in that category of having the need to use every day, week or month. So I’ve learned a lesson.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They’ve got to extreme means, in my opinion, to drive you their paid subscription."  

I don't think so.  That is not fair.  Premiere Elements continues to be fully supported and continously developed.  It is sold as a stand alone, perpetual license product.  It does not require a subscription.   Adobe is not trying to drive Elements customers to subscription products.   The problem you are having is that you are expecting 6 year old software to run on a brand new operating system that didn't exist when the code was written.   You now need software that is newer.  It is on sale for a few days at $60.  Normally it is $100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you say is true then why does my Photoshop Elements work which is
on the same disk as Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a question for the folks at Apple. What changes have they made to their operating system since OSX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines