Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to apply keyframe animation to a group

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using PE2021. I would like to group several videos together and move them around (horiz and vertical) on the screen as a group. Is it possible to do this? How? From what I have read, it's only possible to move along the timeline, delete, copy, etc.

The specific application is this: I have four videos I want to scale down, place them next to each other, group them, that group is about 1/4 the space of the screen. And I'd like to move that group around on the screen.

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

What you are looking for is Nesting Clips, which is only available in Premiere Pro.

What you could do is to export only those clips as you want them arranged and them bring the exported file into your project and then keyframe the position and scale as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that.  You put each video on a separate timeline.  Then crop each to fit a corner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague, I don't think that is what I am looking for. Here's a screenshot of what I am trying to do. This is just a trial, not the actual project. You can see the four video/audio tracks. I'd like to be able to move (change horiz and vert position) them all together at once, basically as a group. I am trying to avoid moving (via keyframe animation) each track individually. In my final project, I will have many more tracks, and multiple "groups". So it will be very cumbersome to move each track individually. I'd like to be able to move groups.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 231912.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replies whsprague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are looking for is Nesting Clips, which is only available in Premiere Pro.

What you could do is to export only those clips as you want them arranged and them bring the exported file into your project and then keyframe the position and scale as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob. I'm familiar with what you're talking about - I have exported and then brought back in multiple clips in other projects. I'll have to work with this new project to see if it is doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines