• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to cut and paste video & audio clips from one project to another?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that every time I try to save & render it, it ends up corrupt and will not play. I have tried all suggestions to remedy the issue including going back to autosave versions which are also corrupt. This project took days to edit so I don't want to start completely over.

I was going to try and copy all of the clips that are already edited and paste them in a new project but I can't figure out any way to do that. I also noticed an Export option in the File menu but it's always grayed out even if I select clips in the project. Any attempt at using the features under the Share tab results in the corrupt video.

Here's my other thread about the corrupt issue if you have ideas - please keep this post to any way to cut/paste: Every time I save a particular project, when I try to play it, says it's corrupt

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 13.1 on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

You can cut and past within a project.  There are no tools for cutting and pasting between separate projects. 

You can mark a clip or section of clips with the "WorkArea Bars" then Export only that section by checking a box in the output routines.  If you select output criteria that match you original footage the visual quality will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cut and past within a project.  There are no tools for cutting and pasting between separate projects. 

You can mark a clip or section of clips with the "WorkArea Bars" then Export only that section by checking a box in the output routines.  If you select output criteria that match you original footage the visual quality will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very shortsighted on Adobe's part. I am new to this program, but find it much less user friendly than Photoshop. I had a clip I wanted to modify and then use in another project, I edited it in a separate project so I wouldn't risk messing up the main file in the overall project. I fixed that file that was to be added and now can't use it. So I have to isert the origimal unedited file into the main project file and then reedit it even though I alreay have it just like I want it. Is there no workaround for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export the file to a high quality clip which you can re-use in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines