• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to turn off the auto function for the effects panel?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's choices are not helpful, especially with shadow and highlights but if you add the effect if comes pre-done and you cant reset it. I can't seem to find where to turn it off and I really want it to stop.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screen shot or something?  I don't understand your question.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill, Id be glad to though it sounds like this is more of a request than something that can be done. Basically when you apply some effects like shadow/highlighting it comes over with auto amounts. You can uncheck auto amounts but it doesn't reset your image to its previous state so that you can make adjustments on your own, instead it comes halfway back to the original video. If you hit the reset button it simply takes you back to the auto amounts setting, instead of reverting back to the original state. This is fine with easy pictures because its an easy fix; if you are working with night pictures the auto amounts make a mess of everything and the functions become basically useless and these are important effects that become useless. I've got some screen shots so you can see a test video where I was playing with it, what the original image looked like, what it looked like when I applied the shadow/highlight effect and what it looked like after I unchecked the auto amounts box. Let me know if this makes sense. If the effects could be made to only apply auto amounts when you click the box it would be enormously helpful. Or if it fully restored your picture when you unclicked auto amounts that would work too. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the complete description and screen shots.  I can only confirm my Windows computer is working exactly as you describe it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reset button but it does not turn the effect all the way down to zero.

You have to turn off Auto Amount and turn back Shadow Amount.

But if its any consolation the effect behave the same in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to ask if they can change that, its crazy. Thanks for letting me know it's no different in Premiere Pro because you guys have so many features that I want more than a pony LOL Im glad I wont have to add this to the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We Guys" are not Adobe - this is a user-to-user forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines