• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a cutoff?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked this question, but did NOT get a clear answer.

If one has a perfect system, but the monitor is small, ADOBE will not run at all. It will not run at all. I used that as an example.

So here is my question.  Adobe has a cutoff frequency at 2.0 GHz.

If the CPU is below 2.0 in Frequency, but will turbo boost ABOVE 2.0 will the program run?

This is critical.

All the other specs are in order, but the base frequency is below 2.0 GHz.  However it will turbo above 2.0.

Will Adobe Elements detect the base frequency below 2.0 and refuse to run, or will it go by the turbo boost higher frequency.

Again, all other specs are in order.

This is not a repeat question. It is an additional question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brians36253875  wrote

Adobe has a cutoff frequency at 2.0 GHz.

I've been part of this forum, for several years.  This subject has never come up. 

If you can help me figure out what you are talking about, I will try to help if I can.

If you are trying to buy a computer, consider looking up the "rating" on the Passmark charts.  For HD about 6,000 is good.  For 4K about 10,000 is good.  I have a CPU with a rating of about 7500 and edit 4K from Panasonic cameras.

The chart:  PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Let me explain it better

When you do NOT meet the requirements for resolution, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements will NOT start. You will get a does not work notice,

Adobe Premiere Elements has a bottom Frequency requirement of 2.0 GHz.

The Natural Frequency (the base Frequency) of an i7-8650u CPU is 1.9 GHz.   However, it has the ability to short burst up to 4.2 GHz, but only in burst.

The natural/base Frequency is less that the Adobe minimum requirements. 

I know about the Passmark, but the issue here is NOT Passmark but the minimum requirement for CPU frequency/Speed.

Will the software look to the natural frequency/the base frequency and say: TOO SLOW, will not run,

or

will it look to the CPU's ability to turbo a bit faster under a short load?

I am not being ridiculous here.  Maybe I am not explaining it well or maybe a software engineer at Adobe is required.

Sorry, but this is an important question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum. I can't imagine anyone on this forum will be able to answer such a specific technical question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines