• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue in Smarttrim clips, Export option and latest version download - Thanks :)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements in Nov 2019. I recently installed it in my new laptop (installed version Adobe Premier Elements 2020 version 18.0 (20201207.....)) and was editing videos (merging multiple video files capptured form camera, handycam, mobile after editing and smart trim).

I need help on three issues, please share tips - that would be great help :). Specially first one as I lost good amount of work:

1. Error or corrupt file:

I faced an issue yesterday while working on a project (I already created and exported 5 video projects in this laptop). Suddenly Adobe premiere element was not responding, I had to close it and open it again, since than I cannot see some clips (40% clips that I trimmed are showing as gray boxes), I searched those in Expert mode (project asset) to see it in Clip viewer but cannot see the clip or it's smart trim version. I tried creating a copy of the file and try replacing the clip too by right clicking but no luck, any way forward instead of redoing the work (was good amount of work so checking). Thanks. I try opening some other file too but app does not respond and needs to be restarted. Other files working Ok.

2. Export option for playback on TV

Another question on actual exported video - I want to see the produced video on TV so what is the setting I should use - I use recommended one and it normally is around 1.5 GB for 30 mins video for me.

3. I cannot install the latest 2021 version - not getting options to download - is it because I bought it in 2019 - any new version is not available to me? though last one I installed was different version that I bought.

Any tips would be a great help. 

Thanks.

T

TOPICS
Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to help!

1.  Premiere Elements is mass marketed software that is highly reliable.  Editing software makes computers work harder than most other programs.  When things go wrong, the first responce is to look at the software.  The more likely problem is that there is something going wrong with your hardware.  It may be as simple as a lack of disk space.  It may be as complicated as memory failure.  Operating system updates can disturb the reliability.   Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Elements?

2.  It depends on the TV.   We've been watching "HD" at 1920x1080 since tube TVs went away.  Now we are watching 4K TVs.   That said, the best it can be is the source itself.  So, try to make the output be the same as you source clips. 

3.  You should be able to download free trials of the newest versions.  Premiere Elements does not upgrade on a routine basis.  To use the trials without trial watermarks you have to buy them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines