• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with installing and using Photoshop Elements 2019 on iMac with Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photo Elements for 2019 for download on Amazon, after the latest OSX rendered my Photoshop CS5 unusable.   I get the same message many other get, that the install is damaged... Does not appear to be compatable with Catalina, even though it installs.  I tried to register the SN in Adobe for support and received a message that the serial number is not valid.  I purchased this and can not get my money back from Amazon. and can't seem to get any online help from Adobe.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of your post makes sense.  Who exactly did you buy it from?  How much did you pay?  When did you buy?  Where did you read that many others get a damaged install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I purchased it from Amazon.com for $99. I purchased it on Oct 9 2019. I read about the damaged installs after I started having problems and went to the Amazon ratings for this software. I didn't realized that this was a common issue until after I started having problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the problem installations posts I see cite Mac's Catalina, so that could be an issue to consider -- especially since Photoshop Elements is not the only program affected. Meantime, if you're unhappy with the product or its function, I'd recommend contacting the vendor (Amazon) you bought it from as soon as possible and ask for a refund. BTW, why are you buying Photoshop Elements if you already own Photoshop Pro? And why are you posting this question to the Premiere Elements forum rather than the Photoshop Elements forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5 might very well be 32 bits.

On the other hand I dont think Amazon does refunds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my previous Photoshops:  CS4, CS5 and my Adobe Acrobat programs no longer function in Catalina.  So I have to start over and don't want to do the Photoshop 360.  I started with Photoshop 1.5 back in the day.   Amazon won't discuss my purchase of Photoshop Elements 2019, and now I see there is a 2020 and I would have to pay an additional 80 to upgrade.  Since my Elements 2019 does not have a valid serial number, I can't upgrade.  Plus I don't know if the 2020 version works in Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I fully understand your situation, Timothy. Amazon won't "discuss" your purchase? You don't have a valid serial number? You haven't tried the free trial of Photoshop Elements 2020 to see if it works on Catalina? And I'm still not sure why you're posting here rather than the Photoshop Elements forum. But that said, it might at least be worth trying the free trial of Photo Elements 2020, just to see if it runs on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, yesterday when I purchased Photoshop Element 2019 and I had all these problems I went to the Amazon.com customer service to chat about this online.  When I listed what the problem was with a software program, I received a canned message stating that they do not do refunds on  software or games.  SO I really didn't get to talk to anyone.  BUT, today I asked for Amazon.com to call me.  They did.  After a short discussion on this issue, in which the customer service person appeared to understand the issue, gave me a full refund right away, didn't even have to get into it to much. SO I spoke out of turn about Amazon not giving refunds, and I am sorry.  I do appreciate the quick responses from those of you on this support community who took the time to write me.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines