• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jittery videos during editing.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with jittery video while I am editing. Everytime I make an edit and go to watch it back it is very jittery and its difficult to review what I have actually just edited. I am running windows 10 on a Samsung PC.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in the Photoshop Elements forum.  I am moving your post to the Premiere Elements forum where you will receive better advice.

In the meantime, what version of Elements are you using?

What are the specs of your computer?

What is the format and resolution of your video?

What kind of edits have you made? (Effects added etc.)

And have you rendered the timeline before playing back the preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I am using 2020 version, My computer uses an Intel Core i5-3470T CPU@2.9GHz and has 8GB RAM, it has a 64bit operating system.

I have been using a GOPRO 8. trying to recoed in 2.7k although I can record in 4k.

Do you think its too much for my computer?

I do render and it helps a bit, but its still not right and takes a long time to render.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using? Which processor do you have with how much RAM?

What camcorder or device was your video shot on and what is the video's format and resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I am using 2020 version, My computer uses an Intel Core i5-3470T CPU@2.9GHz and has 8GB RAM, it has a 64bit operating system.

I have been using a GOPRO 8. trying to recoed in 2.7k although I can record in 4k.

Do you think its too much for my computer?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your processor is on the lower end of processors I'd recommend for video editing. As you can see on this chart, it rates about a 3000 on benchmark tests.  In my books I recommend a minimum of 6500.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/mid_range_cpus.html

Still you should be able to do some basic HD editing, assuming your video specs are matching your project settings.

When you first add your video to a new project, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clip on your timeline? Ideally, if you project settings match your video specs, you should NOT. If you do see one, then we'll need to dig down and find out why things aren't setting up properly.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Yes I see an orange line like you are discribing when I add to my video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop PC is also somewhat below the power that Steve recommends for HD video editting.

However, since I changed to storing the project & all videos clips / photos currently in used on an SSD performance improved VASTLY.  I only use a hard drive for manually archiving projects I am not working on.

So - is your project & all associated files stored on an SSD rather than a hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I store everything on the hard drive, but I only have 3 videos stored there because I am just beginning, I have over 600GB of storage available on the hard drive which should be plenty, shouldnt it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have over 600GB of storage available on the hard drive which should be plenty, shouldnt it?

I'm thinking more of the speed with which the PC can access the individual clips (essentially your project is a series of pointers to parts of the orginal video clips).  Thus in a hard disc you have to wait to the

disk to turn round - known as rotational latency.

The beauty of an SSD is that this delay does not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above reccomendations, there are three settings you can try changing.

In Edit > Preferences > General there is check box for Hardware Acceleration.   Change it to whatever it is not.  Off might work better than on.

In Edit > Preference > Audio Hardware there is a choice for Default Input.  A good choice is None.  Other choices can seem to slow down the audio part of the preview processing.

The last is also in Edit > Preferences > General.  Change the choice for Timeline Render Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines