• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting "Export Error" in Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Premiere Elements 2018 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Here's my system specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 2.8GHz

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB VRAM

RAM: 16GB

The problem that I keep getting is when I try to rending a video that's about 30 minutes in length and has another video overlayed on it, I get an error that just says; "Export Error". I tried cutting the video in half and the render worked fine, but when I tried the full 30 minute video again I got the same error that says "Export Error" again.

I also want to note that I did render the timeline of both these videos before the actual render.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the two videos and can you explain what you mean by an overlaid video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source of the video is a fraps recorded video of Starcraft 2. I was trying to overlay a webcam video on it, but I did some more troubleshooting and I've narrowed the problem down to only the one fraps recorded Starcraft 2 video, so the overlay is no longer the issue.

The problem that I've narrowed it down to is that the fraps recorded Starcraft 2 video will not render past the 15 minute point. It may sound weird, but for some reason, there's a very hard cut off at that point. I can render the video if it's only 15 minutes or less, however, if the video is 16 minutes or over I get an error that says "Export Error".

I also figured out that if I render the webcam video separately, I can render the entire 30 minutes of it. So, the problem is just limited to the Starcraft 2 video.

Also, I actually tried recording another video in Starcraft 2 with all the graphics settings turned on low, so there would be a steady frame rate throughout the video, and I got the same error when trying to render past the 15 minute mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRAPS, Elgato and similar programs save their video with characteristics that can jam up video editors.

The best solution is to convert the video to Constant Frame Rate before you add it to a Premiere Elements project. My tutorial shows you how to convert problematic video to editable video.

Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're telling me that a free 3rd party program is better than a $100 program? Great. I'm glad I wasted all my money on this. But seriously, why would this program, that is supposed to be a top-of-the-line video editor (again $100) NOT have an option to do what this 3rd party freeware does? The answer is, IT SHOULD. There's no reason that Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 should not have some sort of frame rate stabilizer that allows you to render videos like mine.

Furthermore, I just want to note that back when I had Windows Movie Maker (which is free, but from a reliable source), it allowed me to render videos with variable frame rates OVER AN HOUR long and that's from a free old piece of software.

So, basically I guess there's nothing I can really do at this point because I got this program so that I didn't have to download a crappy 3rd party program such as the one you're showing me.

But, whateverthecase, I guess I'll just have to put up with this unless someone has an actual solution that doesn't involve scouring the internet for horrible freeware from shady sources.

Also, I'm just wondering, what are gamers using these days to render videos if not this? I've heard some people are using Vegas Pro, but I don't think that's around any more, or at least not owned by a reliable company. So yeah, if anyone knows of any video editing programs I actually CAN use and could let me know in this topic that would be great. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vegas Pro is certainly still around. But it likely won't solve your problem. Variable frame rate video from non-camcorder sources is notorious for causing problems (including notorious out of sync issues), and that problem is not limited to Premiere Elements. You'll likely have problems editing this video in Vegas too -- though it's certainly worth experimenting.

If you're able to edit the video without issues on less sophisticated and/or free software, then I'd recommend using it.

BTW, Handbrake is not shadowy software by any means. It's probably the best and most widely used free video converter on the internet.

But how you proceed at this point is up to you. Glad we could offer some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it.

I don't think that the only way to render Fraps videos (which a lot of people do now-a-days by the way), with a slightly variable frame rate, is with freeware from some random unkown developer. There has to be a way to do it in this program or possibly some other well known program from a reliable source.

Also, I still find this completely absurd that FREE PROGRAMS > PAID-FOR PROGRAMS (meaning better utility of course, not just an equal program that's free). And that this $100 video editing program, that I got specifically to do this (I couldn't care less about all the other features), simply won't do it.

And finally, I also just want to point out that I'm really not asking for much here. I mean come on. All I want is to be able to reduce the size of my Fraps videos by rendering them with a simple video editor. And somehow I'm have the most extremely difficult time finding a way to do this. Although I was able to do it, back when Windows Movie Maker was officially available, but that's besides the point now. So, again I must reitterate; THIS SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO DO. Windows Movie Maker is like 15 years old and FREE and somehow it managed to be able to render almost all my crazy video with frame rates going all over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just want to point out something else, in case you were born yesterday or have been living under a rock. These "oh so wonderful" free programs from unreliable sources are never necessarily safe to use. I have a lot of experience when it comes to this as well.

Let's say you download one of these seemingly safe free programs from an unreliable source. Ok, sounds great right? Free software, what could be better? WRONG. Free programs from unreliable sources are notorious for having viruses and other malicious content that can really mess up your computer. I have had a lot of problems with things like that in the past and this leaves me wondering why people are so open to these programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonkem  wrote

Bump

No, I was not born yesterday.  In fact is was shortly after WWII.  Do you know what that was?

I'll try to take the bump.  I googled for how to edit FRAPS captures.  This is not mainstream stuff!  Yes, gaming is popular and so is YouTube.  But the majority of video editing software is aimed at people who use cameras. 

You can be angry, but this is a user forum where you'll get some help and you've been offered it.  My google efforts suggest you can do what you want with any video editor, including this one, but you may have to get your captures into a more mainstream format.

Your point is well taken.  People who want to edit screen captures of game playing need to be aware that it is a specialty that not all video editing software can handle.  With google searches I found nothing that suggested a best video editor for FRAPS captures.  Premiere Elements may be as good as any but it needs a conversion of the footage.

I would enjoy trying to work with one of your clips to see if there is an easy solution.  Can you share it on DropBox or other?

Bill

PS:  Handbrake is pretty amazing.  It should cost money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonkem  wrote

Bump

You have received some good suggestions from two Premiere Elements experts.  I think it would be wise to follow their advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bob. You've pretty exhausted (or angered) everyone on this forum who can help you.

Continually bumping your thread isn't going to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I just want to make it clear that I'm pretty sure the variable frame rate is what's causing the error. I still have some testing to do though. Also, I'd still like to know if anyone else knows anything more about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you go; another opinion from another ACP.
Take the advice given above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines