• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large export from Premiere Elements 16 (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Custom export on Premiere Elements 14 for Mac which create a .mp4-file of approx. 380 MB from a film of about 45 min. Exactly the same film with the same Custom export end up with a file-size of more than 1.1 GB

The Output Summary is reported as this (on both Mac and Windows).

1024x768 (1.3333), 25fps, Upper, 00:50:26:24

CBR, Target 0.90 Mbps

AAC, 128 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

Format is H.264

The estimated File Size: 370 MB

The Mac is an iMac with Int. Core i5, 2.7 Ghz, 8 GB RAM

The Windows 10 have a Int. Core i7 2.5 Ghz 8 GB RAM

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are ALL settings (bit rate, quality, compression) for your custom export on both computers identical? (Can you post a screen capture of each so we can compare?)

BTW, at that resolution, you really should be using progressive frames rather than upper field first. I don't know where you plan to display or post this video, but all current devices, TVs and web site display a much better looking video if the video frames aren't interlaced.

I'm also not sure why you're using an aspect ratio of 1.333 rather than square pixels.

How and where do you plan to display this video? Your output settings don't really make much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are identical and it's the same underlying source. This is video for the mac:

macexport3.png

And this is for windows:

windowsexport3.PNG

windowsexport4.PNG

The display will be on a server that have lectures for a part of Uppsala University. I got the recommendations from those responsible for the administration of that server. But the bottom line of all this is that the mac-version works allright but the windows don't and both do an estimation of the file size to 365 MB. Premiere Elements versions are 14 for Mac and 16 for windows.

I downloaded a demo version of Media Encoder CC 2018 and made a new encoding of the .mp4-file (ie the exported one 1.1GB) with them same settings as in Premiere Elements. And it was reduced to 361 MB with acceptable quality. But then again I shouldn't have to that, should I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the end file it does no matter if its on the mac or window for the same software version.

File size will be the same

It is what it is: an estimate.

Is this video 4:3 or widescreen?

And set to progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do agree. It shouldn't matter if it's on the mac or windows for the same version (or nearly the same version PR.E. v14 mac an v16 windows). But the fact is that the file size end up being very different. Three times bigger when exported from the windows version than from the mac version.

Yes, I know that it is an estimate, but 365 MB compared to 1196 MB?

And the estimation on the mac version is quite accurate.

The aspect of the video is 4:3 (1024x768 for the target and 1440x1080 for the source).

No, I hadn't set it to progressive from the start because I hadn't done that on the mac, but I've tested with progressive and Square pixels according to Steve Grisetti's suggestion but  that didn't make any difference in file size.

So the question remains: is it after all a main difference  between the rendering on a mac (or perhaps on an Elements v14) compared to that on a windows (or yet again on an Elements v16).

I will test both the mac and the windows version with variable bitrate 2 pass, and clock them. But that is also very inconvenient for me because I don't have that much time to edit and render each film.

Thank you for your support but the question seem to be unanswered, still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non tv devices dont like interlaced material.

Your source is widescreen 1440x1080?

Your export settings are out of the ordinary.

Please post a screen shot of the source in Mediainfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't see the point of your questions. I'm not interested in using Mediainfo. I wan't to use Premiere Elements to, as fast as possible, edit  a film of a lecture into a format and size that can be uploaded to a server used for such lecture films.

I have used, and have to continue to exclusively use, an iMac for this and that has worked ok. But now i wanted to use a windows computer with the same (or almost the same) program to do the same thing and I tried to use the same settings that worked (and still work) with the mac.

I can send you screen shots of the source-output summary in Premiere Elements from both the Mac and Windows.

But please remember that the question is not wether my export settings are strange or something like that but why there is such a huge difference between the mac and the windows export result (and perhaps also, why there is such a huge difference between the estimation and the end result in for the windows export).

This is my original, working setting (gives a usable file 365 MB) for the Mac-version

macexport2.png

And this is my setting for the windows version which gives a file of 1.1 GB.

windowsexport2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to tell that a setting with VBR 2 pass reduced the windows file to 380 MB. But of course that talk a little longer. Same setting with Mac just reduced the file from 379 to 378 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying to help you to avoid issues.

But suite yourself.

I am out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean to be rude or ungrateful. I do appreciate that you have taken your time to try to help me.

But I still don't know why there are such differences between mac and windows. As you yourself said: "

For the end file it does no matter if its on the mac or window for the same software version.

File size will be the same". I still agree with that. It would'nt have been any difference but it was a huge difference.

The only thing that really changed the file size to something usable was when I used VBR 2 pass. That took a bit longer though.

Thank you again for your help and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not talking about filesize, I am talking about your export settings: resolution, aspect ratio and fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines