• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

length of time for photos in a video

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make videos to playback while on my rowing machine.

I take 50 or 60 videos, edit them down to about one-miute each, and then add photos I have taken. The problem I encountered is the time-stretch defaults to 4 seconds for the photos. I would like to make each photo last about 8 or 9 seconds during playback.

When I "highlight" the photos to stretch the time to 8 or 9 seconds, the audio opens gaps between each song I have on the timeline.

Is there some way to: 1) FREEZE the Audio that I have already added to the project so it won't change when I add the photos, or 2) Change the default setting for the photos from 4 seconds to 8 or 9 seconds before I begin adding them to the timeline?

Thanks,
Larry

TOPICS
Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the default duration for your photos by setting the preference BEFORE you import them into your project. As I show you here.

I'm not sure you can prevent the timeline from rippling and your music from breaking up when you're using Time Stretch though. So you have have to move the set of photos way down the timeline if you're going to Time Stretch them and then drag them back to where you want them in your movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo! Worked perfectly.

I had been changing the setting in PREFERENCES, but when I loaded a photo from the box -- I had already loaded over 200 photos in the ADD MEDIA box it kept defaulting to 5 seonds.

After your response, I went back, DELETED the photos, changed the setting in PREFERENCES, added the photos again via ADD MEDIA, and it worked as advertised.

Thank you so much, Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines