• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit timeline rippling to one track

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a post a few days ago that has not yet been answered fully. Title of that post was "In PE 2018, time stretch of clip affects other clips".

I'm trying to time stretch a single clip without affecting clips in adjacent tracks. Steve suggested "Hold down the Alt/Option key to limit timeline rippling to one track". I posted my repro steps as follows: "Select clip. Right click to bring up options. Select clip / time stretch. Press and hold Alt. Adjust speed, hit OK. Release Alt. Adjacent clips still move."

Can someone please answer my question? I have posted repro steps to hopefully give enough detail as to what is going on. The hint on using the Alt key is great, but it has not resolved this question yet.

Thank you

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

The Alt key will limit rippling to one track. However, it may not work with the Time Stretch tool because the tool is independent of movement of the timeline.

In other words, there's not a way to apply Time Stretch to a clip and then limit the rippling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Alt key will limit rippling to one track. However, it may not work with the Time Stretch tool because the tool is independent of movement of the timeline.

In other words, there's not a way to apply Time Stretch to a clip and then limit the rippling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines