• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Adobe Organiser to older Elements program

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Premier Elements 2018 and it came with the latest version of Adobe Organiser. All good so far. I've imported some old catalogues, however, if I click the "edit" button it only gives me options to install the latest Photoshop Elements package via DVD, or to download the trial version. I already have Photoshop Elements 13 and am perfectly happy to stay with it so I'd like to be able to point the editor to that. Sadly though, if I try and add Elements 13 as an external editor, Organiser kindly informs me that there is no need, as support is already built in. Yes, it is, but not for older versions (or so it seems).

Having tried that, I then loaded up my old version of Organiser, which still works just fine. However, if I wish to open a video file for editing, it informs me that I need to purchase Premier Elements 13. Is there any way I can get one version of Elements Orgainser (don't care which one) to open both Photoshop Elements 13 AND Premier Elements 2018? I can perhaps understand the older version not being aware of newer programs, but surely the latest one should be backwards compatible with older products.

Cliff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not seem that backwards comparable is a design goal.  My experience with Organizer is that it is directly tied to Elements versions that it is current with.

Along the same line, newer versions of Premiere Elements are not intended to open projects of older versions.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the prompt reply - much appreciated.

If what you say is right (and I suspect it is), then I think I'll junk Organizer. It makes no sense to me to invest time and effort sorting and arranging media files only to find you can't link to the latest and greatest editors. Daft thing is, Organizer will happily allow me to embed a shortcut to a non Adobe editor, but not to an older Adobe version.

A poor show from Adobe in my view.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I abandoned Organizer a few years ago as I learned Lightroom.   It works better for me than Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work!  

I installed an old copy of Premiere Elements 13.  I changed the name of "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" to "PhotoshopElements13.exe" in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 13. 

Organizer 2018 let me install it as a Supplementary Editing Application and open image files.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for all your help so far. I've changed the name of "photoshopelementseditor.exe" as per you posting and it runs fine on it's own. Even better Organizer 2018 let me add it as an external editor. So far , so good, but for some reason it's not opening from within Organizer. Clearly, it will work, as you have had it running, so I'll have to have a further play to see where I've gone wrong.

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now it's working. Don't know what I did differently, but clearly messed it up at my first attempt!

Many thanks for you help with this. It shouldn't be this tricky, but at least with the help of Gurus such as yourself it's doable.

Much appreciated,

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines