• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

linking photoshop elements13 to premiere elements2019

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the big chap in red has been and gone and left me a new pc, a gopro hero and premiere elements2019  (lovely bloke that Santa Claus chap).  I'm a total newbie to video recording and editing.  The whole package is to make some videos in my workshop, tool reviews, builds, hints and tips etc for IG, FB and Youtube.

I already have and am fairly proficient with Photoshop Elements13, I don't see the need to upgrade as it does everything I need it do, which leads me to my question....

Can I use photoshop elements13 as the photo editor within premiere elements.  When I select the photo editor it prompts me to install from disc and select free trial, no option to add an existing version.

Or am I going to have to upgrade to photoshop elements 2019 so that I can use the full suite of services within premiere elements 2019.

Hope all that makes sense

Thanks in advance

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They won't share the same Organizer program, so the programs won't "talk to each other", as they would if they were the same version.

However you can certainly prepare your photos and graphics with Photoshop Elements 13 and use them in videos created in Premiere Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve writes, "you can certainly prepare your photos and graphics with Photoshop Elements 13"

I will raise him and say there is no reason to upgrade the photoshop side unless you are used to and want the functions of Organizer.  In Premiere Elements video files, still photo files and audio files are all brought into the project the same way, through Add Media.  From there each is dropped in to the timeline as you edit.

Your new Premiere Elements 2019 version tries start in an Organizer interface screen.  There is a way to open directly to Premiere Elements where you can bypass that screen to work directly with Photoshop Elements 13 saved images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines