Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoadLibrary failed with error 126: cant find the required

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a new laptop, and have just installed Adobe Premier elements 10. It´s Windows 7 64-bit, and we have a AMD Radeon HD 7670M grafic card in it. and we get the above error as soon as we try to start it up by chosing to start a new project.

Please help us!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New PC's are usually supplied with unwanted software running at startup and out of date drivers,

First  create a windows restore point. For the unwanted software hit the windows button and type msconfig in the 'search programs and files box'. This should display the file msconfig.exe. Right-click that and select 'run as administrator'. In the startup tab look and see what is automatically running and delete them if you wish [you DID create a restore point first - didn't you]. Another useful activity is to go into the Control Panel> Uninstall a Program and see what applications are installed. Uninstall those you don't want.

For drivers first go to  the suppliers website and see if there are updated graphics & sound drivers available (what make is the laptop?).

You can also go to the manufacturers website (AMD in your case) and see what version their graphics drivers are.

Also install the latest QuickTime player software.

The following are also useful:

Got a Problem? How to Get Started

PrE Hanging, or Crashing - Some Tips

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking into your problem a bit more there is a website "http://www.error126.com". It lists some manual methods of addressing the error 126 problem that you may find worthwhile looking into. It seems your error message should have given you more information than you've provided. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the whole error message.

They do offer a free tool to fix the 126 error, but I'm cautious about running utilities from companies I've never heard of.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for your tips!

Here is a screenshot of the error message, (half of it in Swedish....) Translated to english it means something like this... LoadLibrary failed with error 126: Can´t find the required module.

In the page www.error126.com you can download a program that searches for errors, but when you try to fix the errors it cost 30 USD....

We have installed the latest Quicktime, and all Windows 7 and Premiere Elements updates.

The computer is a Acer Aspire 7750G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danneomarre wrote:

Here is a screenshot of the error message, (half of it in Swedish....) Translated to english it means something like this... LoadLibrary failed with error 126: Can´t find the required module.

The screenshot didn't get included in your post. Although tricky to know what is failing if your '126' isn't giving details of the module that is failing.

danneomarre wrote:

when you try to fix the errors it cost 30 USD....

There's a surprise! . Were its suggestions for manually fixing the error any help?

danneomarre wrote:

The computer is a Acer Aspire 7750G.

You should still upgrade the sound and graphic drivers. It looks as though Acer do not customise their graphics drivers so you should be able to get the latest 'M' series drivers directly from AMD) .

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo laptop and have the same problems with the "un-useful" LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found error message.  I had this error with Version 10 (never got it to work) and now with Version 11.  If Adobe can't get their software to work, they shouldn't be selling it.  I have tried many of the suggestions and nothing works.  Feel like I got ripped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I could solve the problem by following the instructions in this YouTube video.
But I guess it depends on what graphics card you have. I sent this solution to Adobe a long time ago but it seems like they have not taken this problem seriously. I hope it can solve your problem too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QPp3wM_QE

Best regards, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was awesome...and...a little embarrassing for Adobe.  AMD is one of the two top rated video card providers and they can't figure that out.

I have printed out a version of this video for me to keep for when I get an update.  For those that follow it, best to Run as Admin the Command Prompt that is in the Accessories folder in the start menu (for Win7 anyway).

Most helpful Daniel

Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a little embarrassing for Adobe.  AMD is one of the two top rated video card providers and they can't figure that out.

Not exactly sure how Adobe could fix things with AMD's video driver installing .DLL's into the wrong folder, or with perhaps a bad name. With many things, Adobe is completely at the mercy of the OS company, and then any company that is providing drivers for hardware. They try to work closely with, say MS, or AMD, but it is incumbent on the driver provider to do things correctly.

Some years ago, nVidia issued a new video driver, that killed many Adobe programs for a lot of their cards (the other biggie in the video chip business). Many of us jumped onto the problem, but for a bit, the only fix was to rollback to an earlier driver. nVidia issued another new driver but it did not fix things for Adobe. About that time, someone found the cause - nVidia had added some new modules for 3D goggles, and for some 3D effects in games, that were turned ON by default. The "fix" was to manually go in and disable those two modules. For people, who used 3D goggles, or did much 3D gaming, and Adobe programs, they did have to go into the control console and manually toggle those modules ON/OFF, as needed. In the next release, the default was OFF, and then Adobe programs would run perfectly, but the video editors, who also played 3D games still had to manually enable the modules, when gaming. Not a perfect fix, but made life much easier for Adobe users.

Many Photoshop users have had to turn off OpenGL for some cards, until new drivers could be released. In most cases, that has only taken a few months.

Also, recently AMD has had a few bad Catalyst drivers, and the rollback, or wait it out, has been the only recourse.

As extreme gaming is the main driver for video driver development, often other types of programs, like Premiere, or now Photoshop, are rather second-thoughts. We are all, including Adobe, at their mercy.

Good luck, and so very glad that someone found the cure, and posted the link.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to fix the ERROR 126 when you open OpenGL programs - YouTube

Watch the video. It explains how to fix this damn thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dimitris111

Did you note that this matter was resolved over a year and 1/2 ago, pointing to the same link that you have just posted today?

Please see post 6 in this thread, submitted by the ID Danneomarre, on March 10, 2013.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines