Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Log file on Desktop

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this week I started using Premiere Elements. Later I recognized that there was a new txt file on my desktop, called: logs.txt. It was created while using Premiere.

First, the content of the file was: "Total: 0"

Next days the content changed into: (see attachment).

During this I only used OBS Studio, Premiere and Windows onboard programs but the file was created while using Premiere.

Does this log file come from Adobe Premiere Elements?

Sorry, my English is not the best, I'm from Germany, and thank you for your answers!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving your .prel project file to? 

I wouldn't recommend you save it to your desktop, since it creates several folders of support files as you work. Save it to a sub-folder on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saved the file and the video files in a folder on the desktop, but not exactly on the desktop. That's the reason why I wondered at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not create a log file at the Desktop. There are few files created in other locations and those can be customized from inside application preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but if the file ws created while using Premiere and it is constantly updated/edited while using Premiere it has to come from an Adobe process, right? Especially when something similar happend to other users (e.g. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/logs-txt-file-with-photoshop-elements-pse-2020/m-p...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"it has to come from an Adobe process, right?"

Maybe not.  It could be a Windows thing.   From the internet:  "Windows log files, sometimes referred to as "Win log files" and saved with the file extension ". log," are system information files produced by Windows and other applications to record notable system "operations..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines