• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of Quality When Exporting

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Premier Elements 2018 and I'm attempting to add several videos from my Samsing S8 to a project and export to a file with them all in the same mp4 video.

I've tried exporting the video in every format up to 4K but the quality is always poorer than the original video.

Could someone please tell me what settings I can use so that the output has the same nice clear quality that the original files have ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of the recorded video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case the recorded video is 1080x1920 although I'd like to know how to export videos of other resolutions so that I maintain the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

If you look in Premiere Elements, under the Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

In Export & Share, what resolution and format did you select to output your movie as?

These three factors determine the quality of your final movie output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original video is from my Samsung S8 phone. When I look at Edit->Project Settings->General it shows a frame size of 1280x720 and I can't change the values at this location. When I look at File->Export and Share I tried all 4 of the Resolutions that show up there under Computer. I also tried Custom and under Advanced Settings and change it there to 1080x1980. None of these changes changed the value that shows up in  Edit->Project Settings->General,  it always shows a frame size of 1280x720 which cannot be typed over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Bob, it would be very helpful to know the specs of the video from your phone so that we can tell if your project settings are matching your video specs.

When you first add video from your phone to your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange "render" line above the clip? If so, your project settings are NOT matching your video specs, and that will reduce the quality of your video and the performance of the program.

RenderLine.jpg

There can be a number of reasons why the program isn't matching your video specs. But to know for sure, we'll need to know more about your video.

Open a sample of your phone video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set the View to Text and then cut and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the orange line is above the video. The info you requested is below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your media is variable frame rate.  That is probably why Premiere Elements is not recognizing the true video pixel size and you have an orange line.

Try converting with Handbrake before importing into Premiere Elements:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, re Bob. That will make all the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded Handbrake and ran the video through it. With the output file Mediainfo says the framerate is constant. When I load this file into Elemants the framesize in Edit->Project Settings->General is now 1920x1080. Unfortunately I still have the same loss of quality when I export under Devices->Custom 

Format - H.264

Match Source

Render at Maximum Depth - checked or unchecked (doen't matter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont use match source but rather a mp4 high bitrate preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to follow the instructions in the video Bob linked you to. Did you ensure that your Handbrake output has Constant Frame Rate?

And, if so, do you see a yellow orange render line above the video when you add it to your Premiere Elements project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the file that was output from Handbrake into Elements. As I mentioned earlier, the output from Handbrake now says that it is constant frame rate. The orange line above the video is gone. I exported it 2 ways this time trying to get a higher bit rate to see if it will help.

The first time I just went to Export and selected Devices, then selected 4K Ultra HD and ran the slider up to the highest quality. This shows an output resolution of 3840x2160 and a bitrate of 100Mbps. The output is the same as I have been seeing with a degraded video quality.

I then when to Custom under Devices and selected a target bitrate of 50 Mbps. The output video looked the same as all the others with a loss of clarity and finer detail.

It seems that I get the same output no matter what settings I use. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why are you exporting at 3840x2160? Your original video is 1920x1080. You can't add pixels. You're only adding blurriness.

Do this:

1) Use the 1920x1080 30 fps constant frame rate video from Handbrake.

2) Once you've placed the video on your timeline, ensure that there is no render line above (or check Edit/Project Settings to ensure that the project settings match your video specs)

3) Use Export & Share/Devices/Computer 1920x1080 to output an MP4

There is no way to get better quality video than that from Premiere Elements.

If it's still unacceptable to you, take a screen shot of your original video and a screen shot of your final output and post them to this forum so that we can compare them side by side. If there are issues between the two you want to address, we'll be better able to discuss them when we see the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines