• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lossless cropping video (Premiere Elements 15)

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Premiere Elements 15;

I have read quite a few posts related but I could not find the answer.

I have an mp4 videos with different resolutions. I want to crop them to specific size and save them as such avoiding any unnecessary transformations/trans-coding/etc.

What I mean is that the part of each frame that is not affected by cropping is not re-coded but than saved in the output file as a copy.

Please note that "FX/crop+zoom" is not the answer I am looking for (not even close) as well as all that involve any kind of zooming.

The effect I am looking for is described here: editing - How can I crop a video with ffmpeg? - Video Production Stack Exchange

However I am, obviously, looking for the way of doing it in PE15.

Example details:

I have a video that is 876x487 and I want to copy out the 400x300 video from the position (x,y): 150,100. The output is to have 400x300 resolution, audio tracks are not be changed and video is not be transformed except probably on the fringes of the selected area (which will become border of the output file).

Is it doable?

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you are asking for is not possible, based on how video editing works.

It can be done with photos. In other words, when you crop a photo and save it, you change the size and shape of the photo.

However, when you edit video you are not editing the original video. Your video is source media in your video project. In other words, when you add video to a video project and change it in anyway  way, it MUST be rendered and output from the program as a new video, based on the specs and settings of your video project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THX for the answer. I admit that it is what I was afraid of, though I believe that source corrections of all kinds (size, light, colors, etc.) would be nice feature for APE. Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines