Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost 4 digits of the serial number

Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 and Adobe Photoshop 4.0 in one packages. I threw away the package, including the serial number / activation code. I wrote down the code, but I recently found out that I wrote down 20 digits instead of 24 digits. Can someone help me finds the 4 missing numbers, so I can get this software back to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current software requires registration and your serial number would be on file in your Adobe account.  Premiere Elements 2.0 and Photoshop Elements 4.0 are so old that registration may not have been done.  You are probably the only one with the records.   Worse, you software is so old that it probably won't run well on current operating systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registration was never done. I don't have the details any longer. The software has never been tested on windows 8 or windows 10, so it might not work. Still, it would be nice if I could try it out. I purchased the software, so I would really like to be able to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you threw things away without keeping a good record of your information, there is no way for anyone to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might recover the serial number:

Products: Belarc Advisor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work, because I don't have the computer any longer, that I used when I installed the software years ago. I don't have a computer that this software has even been installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe.com and click on Manage Account. Then log in with your Adobe ID and password.

On the page that opens, click on the Plans & Products tab. Then, under Products, click on View Your Products.

Though as Bill says, this list may only go back to version 6.

Your best bet -- assuming you want to continue using version 2 -- is to buy a used copy on eBay.

Though I'm not sure there is a lot of value in continuing to use version 2. It may not run on current operating systems, and it pretty much only edits miniDV footage. Assuming you've still got a computer with an active FireWire port to capture miniDV footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responses. I think I will just give up and buy a new / recent software package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines