Highlighted

Lost last 4 hours of work

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project in Premiere Elements 2020. It crashed upon re-boot the timeline was empty and the auto-save files (all 10) are empty. What????????

Update 5 hours later. Found an auto-save version of my original timeline that was about 4 edits behind, so I started again from that point. Manually saving after each edit. Nervous. SO!!!! it just crashed again!!!! NOW I LOST THE LAST 4 HOURS OF WORK MANUALLY SAVING AFTER EACH EDIT. Can't really go any further until this is solved.

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost last 4 hours of work

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project in Premiere Elements 2020. It crashed upon re-boot the timeline was empty and the auto-save files (all 10) are empty. What????????

Update 5 hours later. Found an auto-save version of my original timeline that was about 4 edits behind, so I started again from that point. Manually saving after each edit. Nervous. SO!!!! it just crashed again!!!! NOW I LOST THE LAST 4 HOURS OF WORK MANUALLY SAVING AFTER EACH EDIT. Can't really go any further until this is solved.

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That certainly is not at all normal.  You are not offering enough information to allow even a guess to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I don't really know what to add. I started a project was editing no worries. Auto-save was engaged. The app crashed and when I re-opened the timeline was empty. Went to the auto-save files and the last three were empty as well. No clips. The 4th one back in the Q had a timeline that was a few edits behind where I was. I went on from there, carefully saving manually. Then hours later it crashed again and again, I lost like 3 hours of edits. 

PE 2020 on a MacOS 10.15.4 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe disk space?  Maybe memory failure?  Premiere Elements works well on too many machines to assume that there is a consistant, predictiable bug that causes crashes like you have.  It makes finding a solution hard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0