Highlighted

low fps rate wanted

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, i am struggling to lower the fps rate of a video clip significantly in order to give it something of a retro touch.I can't imagine that this is not possible, also in Premiere Elements 15. Any Ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

It depends on what you mean by "lower the frame rate".

You can create the illusion of lower frame rate using the Posterize Time effect.

Or you can slow your video's playback speed using Time Stretch or Time Remapping.

Or, if you want to literally output a video that has a less-than-standard frame rate, you can create a custom Export & Share preset.

Can you link us to an example (YouTube) of the effect you're trying to create?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

low fps rate wanted

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, i am struggling to lower the fps rate of a video clip significantly in order to give it something of a retro touch.I can't imagine that this is not possible, also in Premiere Elements 15. Any Ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

You can create the illusion of lower frame rate using the Posterize Time effect.

Or you can slow your video's playback speed using Time Stretch or Time Remapping.

Or, if you want to literally output a video that has a less-than-standard frame rate, you can create a custom Export & Share preset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export it in this way but didn't manage to set the rate lower than 10 fps ... however the Posterize Time effect seems to perfectly does it. somehow overlooked it. Thanks a lot for helping so fast.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2017 0