• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low video quality after exporting no matter what settings I choose

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original video is an mp4 1440x1080, 29.97 fps. But no matter which setting I choose when I export the edited video, it's always a low resolution. 

Here's an example of the resolution of the original video:

rreynandez_0-1592950981303.png

And the resolution of the edited video after export:

rreynandez_1-1592951027774.png

What can I do to fix this? Is there some sort of setting I need to change when I import the video? Or something I need to change when I export it? I've tried all of the high quality options under the Devices and Computer settings all with the same result. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Premiere Elements project setings? You'll find them under the Edit menu, on the General page under Project Settings. Ideally these settings should match your video specs. Though this doesn't appear to be camcorder video. Are you sure this is 1440x1080 anamorphic, like standard camcorder video?  When you add a clip of this video to your timeline, do you see a yellow orange 'render' line above the clip? This is an indication that the project settings don't match the video specs -- and that can keep you from getting full quality results.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for replying.

The video isn't from a camcorder, it was originally a screen capture along with some still photos. Even the still photos come out pixelated and low quality in the final video. I don't have any yellow orange render lines above my clips. 

Here are the project settings, they appear to be the same as the video:

rreynandez_0-1592963919476.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I figured it out. This is what worked -

When exporting, I clicked Devices, Custom, Advanced Settings, then Match Source. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a big part of the solution.

I've just never seen a screen capture that used anamorphic the 1440x1080 video format before. That's a format that's kind of unique to early high-def camcorders.

But if it works to your satisfaction, that's all that matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Steve said, "Match Source" is a good solution.

In the future, try to avoid any interlaced projects and outputs.  In your project settings it says 1080i.  The "i" is the indicator for interlaced and that worked well on broadcast era tube analog TVs.  We now use "progressive" with digital video.   Find a setting with 1080p where the "p" is the indicator for progressive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines