• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Audio Issues Premiere Elements 2019

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit videos using Premiere Elements 2019 the audio almost never works. Each time I add a video clip, the old clips stop working. I found the only way to hear the audio is to shut elements down and reopen it. However this leads to a temporary solution. I am adding hours to my editing sorrows because of this issue. What's the deal. The audio is not muted, it in no disabled, it is not low...it just stops working. Here is a link to a video of the issue...any help would be greatly appreciated. This is for a project for my 4th grader.

Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your system may be challenged by your audio sources. What format are these audio sources and where did this music come from?

What operating system do you have? Which processor does your computer have with how much RAM?

How much free, clean, defragmented free space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video comes from an iPhone X which also supplies some of the audio, the rest of the audio comes from Filmic Pro which is "PCM 48.0 kHz". The music comes from iTunes. The Computer is an iBook running; Processor- 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory -16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics, Intel Iris Plus 650 1536 MB, 340 GB available on HD, but I am running the video from an external USB 3.0 Seagate SRD00F1 500GB (461 GB Free Space). The external drive is connected to the MAC through an Apple USB-C to USB connector.

Thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a lot of different variables at work there as well as a processor that's on the lower end, as far as video editing with Premiere Elements. You don't say which Mac OS you're using, but that could be a factor too.

To troubleshoot this issue, try streamlining things. For the sake of experimenting, leave the iTunes music out because it's got some copy protection functions that may be affecting things. Also, your iPhone X is likely using an HEVC video codec, so for the sake of troubleshooting, try putting together a project without that video either.

As for the Filmic Pro, that too could be using a number of variables. Open one of the videos from the Filmic Pro in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. Once we know what your video is made of we can do some experimenting.

I know this seems like a big step backward, but as I've said you've got so many variables and possible bottlenecks in your present project we're going to need to scale back and work on one piece at a time to find what the problem piece is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same issue but it's not iPhone audio.  Just pulling in a music file to edit cause low sound in preview.  This is definitely a bug not an issue with the format.  Is there any place to set the audio levels when you are previewing the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like somehow someway APE messes with the audio settings on your computer.  Big thanks to Djaya for solving this problem!!!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/td-p/9059466

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have problem with filmic pro, files will not open in premiere elements, but will open in practically everything else non adobe. just get a generic error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines