• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making films for youtube using only webcam and smartphone material. Which settings?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duting lockdown I am making weekly religious content for \youtube using material supplied by people using webcams and smartphones. I have been doing this without problems with Filmora 9 but have now switched to Premiere Elements 23 and when I loaded a webcam filmed clip onto the timeline it was out of sync. It was not out of sync when loaded onto iMovie or Filmora. What project settings should I be using? and why might that clip not work on Premiere |Elements?  (I am in the UK so am expecting to work on PAL at 30 fps/1080 16:9 ratio.)  Thank you in anticipation.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

First of all Pal is not 30 fps but 25 or 50.

Stick to 1920x1080. Make sure your smartphone is set to constant framerate and not varible framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specifications of the webcam clips?  Without knowing more, my guess would be a variable frame rate problem.  

The standard aspect ratio for YouTube on a computer is 16:9.  

These all work:

2160p: 3840x2160
1440p: 2560x1440
1080p: 1920x1080
720p: 1280x720
480p: 854x480
360p: 640x360
240p: 426x240

Probably best to pick one closest to your primary footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all Pal is not 30 fps but 25 or 50.

Stick to 1920x1080. Make sure your smartphone is set to constant framerate and not varible framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks.  The "camera operators" are a rather mixed group ranging from children to retirees and I have difficulty communicating with them because they are on the other side of the country but I will get the middleman, the friend of mine who is a Priest, to advise them. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines