Highlighted

Media Not Found. “File Import Failure. This type of file is not supported”

New Here ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hoping the forum can help as I am pretty desperate now.

I am using Windows 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 14. I recently had to reinstall AP and since then cannot open a project to carry on working on it.

However when I try to do it I get the message – “File Import Failure. This type of file is not supported” Also reference to maybe not having the right codec

The files are still sitting in the directory they always were which is the one AP sets up on my drive when installing. No external drives involved.

Thanks to these forums these are the things I have tried –

• Installing Quicktime – No difference
  • Looking for a dialogue box asking me where my files are – I don’t get one
  • Using Project Archiver – When trying to work with the archived project I get the same message
  • Edit – Locate Media (This option is always greyed out)

Would really appreciate help here as what works for others does not seem to work for me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Media Not Found. “File Import Failure. This type of file is not supported”

New Here ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hoping the forum can help as I am pretty desperate now.

I am using Windows 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 14. I recently had to reinstall AP and since then cannot open a project to carry on working on it.

However when I try to do it I get the message – “File Import Failure. This type of file is not supported” Also reference to maybe not having the right codec

The files are still sitting in the directory they always were which is the one AP sets up on my drive when installing. No external drives involved.

Thanks to these forums these are the things I have tried –

• Installing Quicktime – No difference
  • Looking for a dialogue box asking me where my files are – I don’t get one
  • Using Project Archiver – When trying to work with the archived project I get the same message
  • Edit – Locate Media (This option is always greyed out)

Would really appreciate help here as what works for others does not seem to work for me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the video?  

Premiere Elements does not like variable frame rates.  Some phones are now recording in variable frame rates.  If this is the issue, a fix is to run the footage through Handbrake and make it into a fixed frame rate. 

To be sure, you can use the app mediainfo to see what the file specifications.

Good luck with your project.

Bill

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2017 0
vanallen LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Just wondering of you found a solution to this problem? I have a similar iisue after a install of a new C drive. Thanks - Brian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 0