• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Offline Error persists

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just bought Adobe Premiere Elements and am making a first edit thats a gaming montage. I launched the program to edit my montage some more and I found that a decent 1/3rd of it is giving a screen "Media Offline" in multiple languages. I did move some files and after finding you cant do that i moved them back, but the error still persists. Please help as this is very frustrating and I really need it to work.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to put them back or use the built in dialog that launches from the Project Assets file icons to point to where they have been put.  There are no other choices.  Sometimes it can help to use the Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to search for the exact file name shown in the project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, thank you so much. Though I do want to ask, is there a way that I can change the file destination? What i tried to do was have two seperate folders in my "videos" tab, and I wanted one to be "unedited clips" and one to be "edited" clips. How could I set that up to where edited clips can be in a folder but still remain in the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How could I set that up to where edited clips can be in a folder but still remain in the program?"

That's hard.  You never really change the orginal clip anyway.   There are a couple ways to organize within the project assets folder.  You could create an "edited" folder and slide the clips into it as you go.  But, these "folders" are only in Premiere Elements.  Changes are not made to your operating system file structure.  Once in one of the psuedo folders, I'm not sure you can move it back to the "parent".   

Reading this may help you:  
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/viewing-projects-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines