• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media offline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple of months I have been editing a fairly large project in Premier Elements 13.   The project contains AVCHD and MOV files.  The night before last Premier stopped displaying mov files and replaced them with a red multi-language media offline slide.

• What may have caused this?
  • How can the ability to use the mov files be restored?

Thanks for your input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual cause is that the media files were moved or removed from the location they were in when the project was started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, , but none of the files have moved, so that's not it.

However, I also discovered that I cannot import MOV (and probably other file types).  So, the problem seems to involve a subroutine which normally translates imported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV files are an Apple design.  Premiere Elements 13 required Apple's Quicktime to provide codecs that can be used by Premiere Elements for operation with MOV files.

Download here:  Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows

Some will say Quicktime is a "problem" on Windows PCs because Apple stopped supporting it and it was later accused of having a security flaw in the .exe file.  The codecs are not a problem.   There are two approaches.  One is that the Quicktime installation has a "files only" option.  The other is to rename Quicktime.exe to Qucktime.bad (or something).  Since it was already on my computer, it was easier to rename it.

What operating system are you using?  If Windows 7, do not update Premiere Elements to the current version until you update Windows itself.  This is to prevent issues with the AVCHD clips that have Dolby encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this happen every time I've made a video.  Very frustrating.   I thought, like your other responder, that it was because I moved some of the files around on the desktop,  but some of the times it happened,  I didn't move them at all.  Have to go back and locate every picture and replace it, as well as any transitions or effects.  I still don't know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines