• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Won't Play In Timeline- Elements 15

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got Elements 15. i'm not to smart with tech so i'll try to explain it my best (sorry if its not worded right or something). I got it all downloaded and was excited to use it. I did a test and made a super quick edit. Everything was working fine except that when I click the play button, nothing would play, no video or audio. Its like the play button does nothing. I can scrub through it fine and I found that If I export it, I can watch it like normal. Even video and audio that comes with the software (bars and tone, black video, sound effects, etc) wont play. I have tried rendering it in the timeline, nothing. I've tried other media files, and reset to default and tried again, same thing. If I click the fullscreen button to view it, its a yellow screen saying "Media pending" but it never "pends". The media files are supported, and the computer supports the software. The computer is a PC my dads friend built for me (Windows 8.1 pro, 8gb RAM, 64bit). I'm not too good/knowledgable about tech so please explain it in an easy way. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have the latest updates, including hardware updates and non-critical updates that don't load automatically?

What processor does your computer have? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?''

I'm very concerned that you can't even play a 5-second bars and tone or black video clip. I can understand that the program may struggle with some video types under some circumstances -- but you've got a real dead fish here, and that's really unheard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I just upgraded everything, but still no luck. Here's what it says under "PC info" about the processor- "Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU G3250 @3.20GHZ 3.20GHz" . Actually, about the hard drive, it was having problems so I took it out. There is a 256gb solid state drive thats new and free of space, so I assumed the hard drive was not neccesary. Could that be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, having a solid state drive precludes the need to defragment. But you still need space on it in order for the program to deploy and work.

How much free space is on that hard drive? You say that is it "free of space"? That means you have no free space at all, which is definitely going to cause you problems -- but I'm not sure this is what you really meant to say.

As for your processor, you're on the lower end of processors necessary to run this program. On this chart, your processor rates a 3000 -- and a 6000 is really a good idea for most video editing.

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - High Mid Range CPUs

But even with that processor, you shouldn't have a total freeze. So I'd say the issue is with your SSD. Either how much free space is on it or how it is configured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, I did mean mostly full of space, both are brand new. The hard drive is completely empty and new, all 1 TB, and the SSD just has, windows and program files and some other stuff- Still has almost 200GB of free space. Ok, I'll see if I can try a new SSD. I find it weird that everything is fast and seems to work- scrubbing through it, stepping through it, and all the features, except playing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check the following options -

1. Launch Premiere Elements

2. Go to Edit menu - Preferences - Audio Hardware

3. Check the value in "Default Class"

4. If it is MME then open that option and check whether ASIO option is there or not

5. If ASIO is there then select that option and click on ok button

6. check the playback - it should work

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, How do you fix this same problem on a Mac? I installed this program and the play button isn't working.I uninstalled it and I have the same problem. I an using a NEW Mac Pro with 10.12.3 system software My graphics card is a AMD FirePro D500. All of my other Adobe products work even AfterEffects 11.3

This is a simple program but a Big pain in the ass to get working.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Elements 15 and it won't play the video on my Mac either. I import a video, hit space bar - nothing!

There doesn't seem to be much help for this issue. I guess I can always return it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean - I notice that the Staff didn't even address your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this reply. I'm having the same issue, but my timeline has worked just fine until recently, and now it only works periodically. But I went into this part of the settings and changed the audio input (which said it wasn't working) to "none" and it's playing fine again! Just throwing this out here, even on an old thread, in case it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no staff, claude. This is a user to user forum.

If you want to contact Adobe, you can get tech support for current versions of the program via chat through Adobe Customer Care.

Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake - pgauba's name has "staff" under it. (see above)

pgaubaAdobe Employee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Customer Support using Chat.

What a joke. In my opening statement, I explained that... "I just installed Premiere Elements 15 on my Mac and it won't play the video in the editor."

The first question I was asked was, "Are using Windows or a Mac?" Seriously?

After a couple more misunderstood exchanges, he wanted to access my machine to work on it. That's where I ended the chat. If they can't even read English, they can't access my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it came suddenly some days ago. Very bad, now the software is unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have addressed your question in your own thread, orio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem! I tried using the above solution. Once switched to ASIO, the play button works again, but now there is no sound. I have no idea what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same things happened to me. It plays but now there is no audio. I need help with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is with Elements 15, but I was having the same problem on Elements 19. It would work 50% of the time and that was frustrating. I didn't know if it was the Elements software, but I felt like it was time for an upgrade so I went to 20. I was still having the same problem so I started thinking about the memory. I have a fairly new compter with the latest processor so I didn't think it the video card or hard drive. I decided to max out the memory (16GB) and that was the problem. I don't have any lag, stopping, or not playing of the video. My fix was to upgrade the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sussed out the problem after trawling through load of these forums to no avail. Microphone permissions! My software 2019 stopped playing video files in the viewer and on the time line. It was as if the play button had a loose wire! 

I followed what Steve (above) said, that didn't work but made me remember a pop up that had appeared earlier about microphone permissions.

In SETTINGS

type MICROPHONE PRIVACY SETTINGS

Turn ON switch for ALLOW DESKTOP APPS TO ACCESS YOUR MICROPHONE

Hopefully it starts to work again as it did for me.

Good luck

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been experiencing the exact same problem but it is intermittent. Sometimes the video will play with sound. Sometimes it won't. Sometimes (usually) the play button doesn't do anything at all. Getting real tired of this. When I try to fix in audio hardware, I get error message. When I somehow get to default class - MME is my only option, no ASIO to choose. Why on earth does my microphone have to be on for an Adobe editing program? Microphone is not used in editing process. Audio has already been recorded with a camera then loaded on computer. Why does Microsoft need to listen to my videos in an Adobe program in order for me to edit? Can anyone recommend a nonglitchy similar functioning alternative to Premier Elements?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines