Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging videos together

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got myself a drone to help document our house being built (hasn't started yet), because I have this idea in my head that I want to circle around the house at various stages of the build, and then at the end use something like Premiere Elements to blend them together so that the final video tracks around the house and as it goes around the house "grows" up out of the bare land....

Something similar to what they do (as an animation) in Grand Design types of TV programme.

So I have a couple of questions:

Is this possible in Elements?

Any tips on creating the original videos to make life easier in post-production?

What's this technique actually called? (So I can search for tutorials etc)

Any tips much appreciated.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what type of effect you're going for.

You're not going to be able to produce a perfect, brick-by-brick time-lapse, if that's what you're looking for.

But you can certainly shoot footage of your house in various stages of production and dissolve from shot to shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an alternative or even a backup, you might want to look at Brinno construction time lapse video camera. 

Brinno Construction Camera

https://www.amazon.com/Brinno-BCC200-Accessories-Construction-Resistant/dp/B01B2NCHYA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not thinking of time-lapse.

(But I do wonder if the wife will let me buy more toys )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not looking for brick by brick build.

And not looking for time-lapse.

Somewhere in-between the two.

I have used a technique for still photography that takes a blend of images from a particular scene, and add then together to "average out" the scene. Useful for when there are crowds around, because on average the people get removed from the final image. (Photoshop calls it Stacked Image mode).

I was wondering if that same concept could be applied to videos instead of stills.

Maybe, that's the term I was thinking of, might search a bit more....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines