Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mic sensitivity

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements v14, Win7 64bit.

Can someone explain what the "mic sensitivity" actually does?  From reading another older thread here, I gather it is not as intuative as one might think.  What is the practical difference between all the way on and all the way off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're talking about the microphone sensitivity slider on the Narration panel?

If so, the higher you set it, the louder it will record your voice.

You should have the sensitivity set to get a full level on the VU meter but not so high that you're seeing yellow or red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that one. Is there another place?  Anyway for that one, I read in another thread here that was not what it was for.  And that lowering it all the way down (left) made it so one guy could record without picking up audio playing.  That it wasn't a "amplitude/volume" control per se.  Which is what I'd expect to be needed to see a change in the VU bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone knows how to change the default value from that slider? It seems to be hardcoded to like 25% but since every value above 0 will cause for my to listen to my voice in my headset while recording (ANNOYING), I slide all the way left EVERY single time because that doesn't stick.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines